“Used extensively throughout the marine industry and in certain rigging applications, fairleads are found on the majority of commercial shipping vessels”
Fairleads or Fairlead Rollers are found commonly in marine applications although technically they can be used in any rigging application.
Fairlead rollers can be used with traditional or synthetic ropes or steel wire/cable, and have two primary purposes on a shipping vessel:
To maintain tension and straightness of the rope or wire whilst minimising wear by preventing the rope or wire from rubbing against the deck or structure of the ship
To reduce the lateral load tension on the winch
Fairlead rollers can control wire / rope tension and movement for both anchors and for general mooring purposes where the vessel is tethered to bollards on the quayside. Options include the use of a combination of horizontal and vertical rollers to guide the rope or wire from the vessel.
Why choose LMS?:
- Custom designs to suit your specific requirements
- Cast from the highest quality steel for extra durability
- Numerous optional extras available including different base fittings
- Third party certification available
- Quality guaranteed due to our ISO certified status
- More than 15 years dedicated experience